Gayathri, as co-founder and CEO, has built LabourNet into a respected social enterprise, by anchoring on values of growth, transparency social protection and inclusion. LabourNet has won numerous awards in the last few years for its model and contribution to society.
She has been extensively involved in policy issues & community mobilizations relating to Livelihoods, Social Security and the informal economy. Gayathri has a Doctorate in development studies with more than 20 years experience in both national and international organizations. She is been awarded with "Entrepreneur of the year - 2015" in Service Business - Training by Entrepreneur India Magazine.
Gayathri has held several advisory posts in the govt including,
• Member Adhad(UIDA)
• Member - BOCCW, Govt of Haryana
Presently she is
• CII member, National skill committee & South Region skill committee
• Member, Mentor council for construction
• Chairwoman, Indian Woman Network(IWN) Southern Regional Council Karnataka
• Member, Rashtriya Mahila Khosh(RMK), Ministry of Women and Child Development
• Member, Recognition of Prior Learning Projects, DGET
Before joining LabourNet, she has held senior positions at International Labour for eight Organizations and other multilateral organisations for eight years. Prior to joining ILO, she consulted with UNDP,UNICEF, NORAD, Eork Bank etc.. She has more than 30 publications in the areas of labour and employment and gender issues to her credit.